As we all know the closer we get to any smartphone launch the more the rumours and concepts fly. This rings true especially when the product that we are talking about is made by Apple. The iPhone 6 is the next smartphone to be released by Apple so there are hundreds of concepts out there.
I have included some of the concepts that I think are quite good and would like to see built by Apple.
Typically, Apple announce the new iPhone at WWDC, which will be held June 10-14 this year. It is believed that launch will be in the American Autumn (Fall) which is Spring for us in the southern hemisphere!
The rumoured list of features is as follows:
- Larger Display size (4.7 and 5.5 inch screens) with we hope a 1920×1080 resolution
- Display could be made of Sapphire (a lot tougher than glass)
- Quantum Dot technology for a better display
- Faster Processor (Apple A8 processor which will be 64 Bit Quadcore – made by Taiwan Semicondutor Manufacturing Co (TSMC))
- 8 megapixel camera with a f/2.0 aperture
- Bezel free design
- 16, 32, 64 and 128Gb Storage capacity
- Applications to include a health tracker
I have to say that these concepts do indicate a larger phone and I for one have been looking at the Samsung Note Series and have hoped for something similar from Apple. If these concepts are anything to go by then it might come true. I think this would be great even if they are playing catch up to Samsung.
I really hope that Apple drop the fingerprint sensor, who really thinks this a good idea? People have already got around this ‘security’ feature so I do not think it is needed unless Apple are building up their database of names and fingerprints?
The following two concepts which I think look stunning are by Nikola Cirkovic
The following concept is by Martin Hajek (based upon a concept by Steve Hammerstoffer)
Featured Concept (at top of post) created by Heo Leo