As we are getting closer to the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S5 I thought I would share the latest rumours (that I have found) and my favourite concepts.
There are rumours that there will be 2 versions of the Samsung Galaxy S5 (S5 and S5 Prime), but the only real difference is the display. The S5 Prime will have a 2560×1440 AMOLED display at 5.25 inches and the standard S5 has a 1920×1080 display
Here are the rumoured specifications for Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime
- Display: 2560×1440 AMOLED Display (there are further rumours that it mifght be a QHD display with 2K resolution)
- Display Size: 5.25 inches
- Processor: 64 bit Exynos 6 and the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 will be available
- Memory: 3GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage: 16/32/64 GB (includes micro SD slot for increased memory)
- Front Camera: 2 megapixels
- Rear Camera: 16 megapixels
- Body: There have been rumours for both metal and plastic housing.
- Battery: 2900 mAh
- Sim Size: Micro Sim (I believe that this will stay the same as the S4)
- 4G/LTE: Yes
- Operating System: Latest version of Android (KitKat 4.4) with an updated Touchwiz interface or even possibly the Tizen OS?
- Launch Date: March/April 2014
The rumoured launch date for the Samsung Galaxy S5 is March/April 2014. As we start to hear more information I will write a post with the real specifications
The main concept at the top of the post and alternate views below are by Ivo Maric. I think this looks fantastic and I would definitely pick one up if it looked like this!